Olive Oil or “Jaitun Ka Teel” have been used in various forms for a very long time due to the incredible and amazing benefits that it offers to hair, skin, and health. Many of us have been using this golden oil for cooking, oiling our hair and to moisturize the skin, etc due to being rich in antioxidants and several other health-related benefits.
It comes in various types to be included in your daily life and to provide the best of benefits such as:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – It is the topmost quality olive oil and considered the best for the Skin, Hair, and Health due to the inclusion of vital vitamins and minerals.
- Standard Olive Oil – It is used commonly for cooking especially by those who are a bit conscious about fitness and health. Besides, it adds rich taste and flavor to foods like salads, kinds of pasta and veggies.
- Pomace Olive Oil – It is extracted from the second cold press of the olives, that means it is the leftover oil which is not recommended for cooking purpose at all, however, it is used in restaurants and eateries to fry the food items.
- Refined Olive Oil – It is prepared by processing the extra virgin olive oil to obtain light tasting and a stable version. Since this oil is processed, it lacks several health benefits due to the loss of antioxidants. However, it is still used in many kitchens for cooking, especially for Indian cooking.
Nutritional Value Of Olive Oil
Olive oil is seen as the most healthy oil due to being gluten-free, sugar-free and cholesterol-free.
Here are some of the nutritional facts about extra virgin olive oil per tablespoon serving:
- Calories: 119
- Saturated Fat: 14%
- Vitamin E: 13% of the required daily value
- Monounsaturated Fat: 73%
- Vitamin K: 7% of the required daily value
- Carbs: 0 gm
- Sodium: 0.3 mg
- Fat: 14 gm
- Protein: 0 gm
- Sugar : 0 gm
- Fibre: 0 gm
The Benefits Of Olive Oil For Hair
Hair Loss/Hair Fall
If you are dealing with hair loss and losing your confidence because of it then try using olive oil on a regular basis. It provides a rich source of vitamin E that caters to hair health by reducing hair loss and hair fall-related issues.
How to Use:
- Take an adequate quantity of extra virgin olive oil in your palm.
- Massage it all over your scalp and hair.
- Leave it for an hour or overnight.
- Wash off with any gentle shampoo.
Frizz And Hair Dryness
Again due to being rich in vitamin E, olive oil works wonderfully on dry and frizzy hair. It works amazingly to condition the hair from within to provide smooth and shiny locks.
How to Use:
- Take an adequate quantity of olive oil as per the length of your hair.
- Heat it a bit, do not overheat it, it should be warm not boiling.
- Apply it on your scalp and through the length of your hair.
- Let it rest overnight.
- Wash your hair with any frizz control shampoo.
Apply olive oil every time before you wash your hair!
Cures Dandruff And Scalp Itchiness
The presence of several vitamins and nutrients in olive oil helps in dealing with dandruff by providing moisture to the scalp which in turn helps in reducing itchiness.
How to Use:
- Mix an adequate amount of olive oil with few lime drops.
- Apply this mixture on your scalp and hair, along the length.
- Let it rest for at least an hour.
- Wash with an anti-dandruff shampoo.
Benefits Of Olive Oil For Skin And Face
Moisturization And Prevent Dryness
Regular use of extra virgin olive oil is proven miraculous for skin due to the presence of antioxidants such as vitamins and minerals that are required for skin health. It works brilliantly to provide deep moisture to the skin to prevent dryness and patchiness.
How to Use:
- Take a sufficient amount of extra virgin olive oil on your palm.
- Massage it all over your face in an upward direction.
- Leave it at least for 15-20 minutes before rinsing your face with water.
Follow this process daily to see the difference.
The skin pores get opened due to regular exposure to pollution and chemicals that are in makeup, which make skin look mature and dull. However, there is no way to make your skin look normal after pores get open but, there are some ways that can help in minimizing the appearance of the pores.
Extra virgin olive oil works greatly to minimize the pores due to the presence of antioxidants and skin texture improvement properties.
How to Use:
- Take a few drops of extra virgin olive oil.
- Apply it on the affected area, you can also apply it all over your face.
- Leave it overnight.
- Rinse your face with water the next day in the morning.
Apply it every night before going to sleep for about 1-2 months to see the difference. Also, make sure you wash your face with some mild wash before applying it.
Glow And Brightness
Our skin gets exposed to so many things like sun rays, chemicals, lifestyle changes and so on, which makes it lose its charm and look dull. Although, there are scores of products available these days in the market to bring shine and glow but, it’s all temporary and too steep.
Try using extra virgin olive oil for a couple of days regularly to get the natural glow and shine back. The infusion of vitamin E in olive oil works impressively to restore the glow.
How to Use
- Wash your face.
- Take a few drops of olive oil and massage it all over your face in an upward direction.
This procedure can be followed each time after you wash your face.
Uses Of Olive Oil For Health
Improve Brain functionality
Daily consumption of olive oil aids in improving brain functioning as it provides a sufficient amount of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. So be carefree and cook with olive oil to gain more brainpower!
Manage Blood Sugar
Include olive oil in your diet regularly to keep diabetes at bay. Olive oil consists of poly and monounsaturated fats that help in preventing diabetes and hence keeps control over your heart health too!
Helps Prevent Breast Cancer
According to one of the studies, it was found that olive oil consists of oleuropein compounds that can help in preventing breast cancer due to its anti-breast cancer properties.
Nothing comes at the cost of health and there should not be anything more important than it. Olive oil is one natural product that helps in dealing with a wide array of health, skin, and hair related problems.
It is easily available in the market in various forms, so make the most of it by involving it in your day to day routine to get a healthy and wealthy life!