In today’s date society demands beauty with the brain! Gone are those days when only the brain or mindset used to be a factor of pride which was pleasingly embraced by society. Therefore breaking those stereotypes, people have extensively commenced their journey towards keeping their outer beauty intact.
There are scores of procedures and methods that people use nowadays to maintain themselves and look flawless in every aspect, some of which demand a steep amount of money, effort and time. But what about the old and traditional ways of keeping beauty in place?
Yes! Traditional ways to beautify are still in fashion and many natural growing substances shine their way out to make one look the best! Aloe vera is one such natural growing plant that is also called as the plant of immortality that needs no introduction at all due to the wide range of benefits that it offers. It can either be consumed orally or directly be applied onto the skin.
Aloe-vera has been avidly used since ancient times for medicinal purposes due to its healing properties. Ancient Egyptians introduced these healing benefits of Aloe-Vera into beauty products to benefit their skin, hair, and body due to being rich in vitamins, proteins, water content, and amino-acids, etc, and since then this magnificent practice is being followed by many.
Aloe Vera For Skin Benefits:
The skin problem is something that every other person is dealing with nowadays because of reasons like pollution, puberty, an imbalanced diet, erratic eating habits and so on. But there is no need to worry as this Aloe Vera for skincare guide can help you get rid of these issues easily and leave you with soft and flawless-looking skin.
- Moisturize with Aloe Vera: Aloe Vera works greatly to hydrate the skin as it consists of 99% water, because of which it helps in providing moisture to the skin and in-turn leaves it soft and supple without clogging the skin pores.
- Aloe Vera for Acne Pimples: Applying Aloe Vera gel on the acne-prone skin can do wonders. It is full of enzymes rich in anti-inflammatory properties that re-generates cell growth due to which there is a reduction of acne and scars on the skin.
- Aloe Vera for Burns on Skin: An application of Aloe Vera gel over burn marks can greatly help in soothing the burn irritation down. Apply the gel directly onto the burn around 2-3 times a day for quick relief and healing.
- Aloe Vera Gel for Minor Cuts: If you believe that using an antiseptic cream/gel is the best solution to heal the cut marks then try using an Aloe Vera gel that works rapidly to benefit the skin and skin inflammation. Besides, it works immensely in minimizing scars due to the presence of collagen booster and bacteria-fighting properties.
- Aloe Vera Gel for Dry Itchy Skin: Skin itching is mainly caused when the skin is dry due to lack of hydration. Using an Aloe Vera gel every time after washing your face can help in reducing dryness and itchiness.
- Instant Glow with Aloe Vera: Who doesn’t want their skin to be charming and lustrous? Well, a daily application of an Aloe Vera gel all over your face can help in getting the sheen back on your skin that was lost due to pollution, stress, and aging.
Homemade Skincare With Aloe Vera:
Dull and flaky skin is a big turn off for anyone, but not to worry if you are suffering from the same as a daily application of Aloe Vera in any form can help you heal from within easily and naturally.
If you are tired of having dry skin in spite of using various creams and gels, then try using Aloe Vera instead to get supple, smooth and moisturized skin.
- Peel off the skin of Aloe Vera leaf to extract the gel within.
- Wash your face with a mild soap/wash to remove all the dirt and oil.
- Directly apply the extracted Aloe Vera gel onto your face and let it remain for 10-15 minutes.
- After drying, wash it with plain water to get hydrated and moisturized skin.
Exfoliate your skin with Aloe Vera gel to get rid of the dead skin, it’s cleansing and antibacterial properties help in getting rid of the impurities just like that!
- Mix Aloe Vera gel with sugar granules to make a scrub.
- Apply it all over your face/body followed by a gentle massage in upwards and circular motion.
- Wash your face with plain water to get clean and shiny skin.
Glowing And Shining Skin
Get a lustrous glow with Aloe Vera overnight! Its non-stick properties prevent the formation of oil from the skin pores to give you non-oily glow.
- Mix the desired quantity of Aloe Vera gel with a few lemon drops/juice.
- Apply all over your face and neck before getting into the bed.
- Let it dry a bit and then dab your face with tissue paper to take off the extra amount of the mixture.
- Wake up in the morning with lustrous and charming skin.
Eyebrow And Eyelash Booster
Thick eyebrows and lush eyelashes are a desire for every woman. It can be achieved easily with the use of Aloe Vera as it is known for promoting hair growth.
- Mix the extracted Aloe Vera gel with virgin olive oil.
- Using a Q-tip, apply this mix on your eyebrows and eyelashes.
- Leave it overnight.
- Wash your face with plain water in the morning.
Repeat this process for a few days to see the difference.
Heal Cracked Feet
Ashamed of showing off your heels due to cracks and lines? Try Aloe Vera gel to cure the problem and get clean, crack-free feet. Due to its moisturizing and hydrating properties, Aloe Vera works wonderfully to restore your feet to its original form. All you need to do is to follow the below method.
- Mix Aloe Vera gel with petroleum jelly to make a paste.
- Apply the mixture all over your feet and then put on your socks.
- Leave it overnight.
- Follow this process on a regular basis till your feet are soft, restored and crack-free.
Tip: This mixture can also be used on knees and elbows to prevent from getting dry and restoring moisture.
Reduce Scars Appearance
Scars such as acne scars, blemishes, and stretch marks can lower your self-esteem and confidence. But now, no more getting disheartened as regular use of Aloe Vera can help you to reduce those scars and marks.
It is proven that Aloe Vera works greatly to reduce such marks and help in skin reproduction due to its antibacterial and antiseptic properties.
- Apply Aloe Vera gel directly onto your face or scars.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Wash it off with plain water.
You can also consider mixing a few lemon drops with Aloe gel to get the best results on scars and acne marks.
Who doesn’t want toned and sculpted skin? Well everybody does. It is very much possible to get toned and nourished skin with daily use of Aloe Vera gel due to its hydrating properties. Just prepare this simple gel rub to get that toned skin on the go!
- Take out some Aloe Vera gel.
- Fill this gel into the ice cubes tray and let it freeze.
- Use it anytime you want without any hassle of preparing the mix again and again.
There is no dearth of advantages when it comes to the use of Aloe Vera and that is why it is concretely known as the plant with the healing powers. This dwarf looking succulent plant is full of everything you want and it’s a one-stop-shop for all your skin-related concerns.
Due to its wide availability, Aloe Vera and its products can be easily purchased from the grocery stores and medical shops, etc, in the form of gels, juices, and pills. If you are lucky enough to have it growing near you or at your home then make the most of it by storing it in your fridge or kitchen to be used as and when needed.